Welcome to our new Website
Sincere apologies to everyone that we have been without a Website for a few months, but I hope you like the new look and it provides all the information you want. We are determined to keep it updated with the results and news from around the League. Its still work in progress and we welcome both your feedback and any suggestions about what you want to see on the Website.
Working Party Meeting
Thanks to the Club reps, referees and Management Committee members who attended the latest Working Party meeting on Tuesday January 14th. It was a very positive meeting and we all agreed that now was the time to see some changes and actions so that we did not become a “talking shop”. We want this forum to make a difference, so here is a brief summary of what we agreed;
- We outlined the League’s vision for a “Football Pathway”, where we will work with the Staffs FA to structure the football we offer to cover youth (16yrs19yrs), senior adult, recreational football, veterans and walking football.
- The first initiative of the “Football Pathway” is the launch of the new Staffordshire Walking Football League starting in April 2020 and running through the summer. See the Walking Football page for more information.
- This season the Cup Finals would be played slightly later than usual
- Stay with the current ball used by the League and be more flexible around how clubs could obtain new balls for next season.
- Arrange a Referee Course in the summer specially for members of clubs in the SCSL.
- Bring to the AGM a series of rule amendments regarding colours of goalkeeper tops, colour of shorts and numbers on shirts.
- Amending report forms to make things easier for Clubs and referees.
Sadly family, friends and all grassroots football in North Staffordshire lost a true legend on Christmas Eve with the loss of Ray Herbert, whose association with Wolstanton United spanned over 60 years. Ray was a true gentleman, who I first met when he was Secretary of Wolstanton and it was always a pleasure to be in his company. He was a proper football man and he will be missed.
Ray’s funeral takes place at 12pm on Friday 24 January at Bradwell Crematorium